- visit our website;
- give us your contact details;
- register for our information services, trainings or events and meetings;
- apply and join the EiiF Membership
- download our studies; or
- contact us.
EiiF is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
EiiF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 29 April 2020.
The processing of information relating to identified or identifiable natural persons (“personal data”) collected through this website or as described above otherwise received by EiiF, such as through e-mails, fax, correspondence or registration forms, is subject to EU Regulation (the General Data Protection Regulation from 25 May 2018) and any national implementing or complementing rules and regulations in Switzerland, where our head office is located. The Swiss Data Protection Authority: Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC - Office of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner FDPIC; Feldeggweg 1; CH - 3003 Berne) supervises compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
1. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, qualification, language skills, function in EiiF and job title;
- contact information including email address and phone;
- demographic information such as your address postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to training and/or event and meeting requirements.
- Your TBI contact details provided by you;
- Your billing information provided by you;
- Geographical information such as the location of persons or objects connected to the device;
- Information about your use of of the Software application such as your log information or technical information about your mobile device.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We maintain a contact database of our members and external contacts;
- We may use the information to improve our services;
- We may periodically send promotional and/or informative emails about forthcoming events and meetings, information regarding training courses, details regarding funding, updates from Government and other industry specialists, relevant studies and latest research which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for feedback purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
If requested by you, or with your consent, we may also use your personal data (consent may be assumed for existing members):
- to process your queries efficiently;
- to contact you for the purpose of providing information on our activities (including the sending of newsletters and organising events and meetings); and/or
- to process your job application.
- to ensure the security of the website;
- to improve the website’s content and compile statistics on the use of the website;
- to manage and monitor access to the public area of the website;
- facilitate communication and document sharing between EiiF Membership members;
- public relations, including the promotion and defence of EiiF’s non-profit purpose;
- to ensure legal compliance, investigate fraud or infringements and establish, defend and/or exercise legal claims.
- to ensure proper performance of the Software application;
- to provide the Services to you;
- to improve the Software application and/or the Services;
- to improve the Software application by means of machine learning;
- to contact you or provide you with relevant information with regard to (your use of) the Software application and/or the Services.
If you have consented to such processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. Please see below for how to withdraw your consent.
3. To whom we can disclose your data
EiiF relies on third parties to host and provide technical support for its website and to organise events and meetings. In the context of these services, and only to the extent that this is necessary for the service they provide, these third parties may have access to the personal data processed by EiiF for the afore-mentioned purposes. In addition, professional advisors and auditors may have access to personal data. Our service providers abide by appropriate confidentiality and other safeguards protecting your personal data.
3.1 EiiF is using the services of Tresorit
For assuring an efficient work-flow like file sharing and immediate synchronization, data backup and treatment and a maximum flexibility for our international team and members co-operating beyond country borders and simultaneously at different locations, we are using and we are relying on the services of an online cloud storage system Tresorit.
3.2 EiiF is using the services of MailChimp
Under certain circumstances, EiiF may need to disclose personal data to public authorities for the purposes as mentioned above, including to comply with regulatory or legal requirements.
4. How long we keep your data
Contact information and details of our members and EiiF representatives as well as registrations for trainings, events and meetings, downloads or newsletters (all collected opt-in) will be kept until after the event or until you unsubscribe.
Other personal data that we have will be retained for the duration that is relevant for the purpose as set out above, in accordance to internal retention periods, taking into account contractual or legal obligations and liability that we may have to keep records of our files.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
5.2 Website & Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites.
5.2.2 Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and other sites than our own are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Controlling your personal information
EiiF will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties or pass your personal information to them.
6.2 Controlling your personal information provided by using the TBI-Tools
You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
EiiF, Data Protection, Avenue du Mont-Blanc 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, at the above address.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect if you ask us to.