Check the Agenda to find out about the next TIPCHECK training
The TIPCHECK Programme is a qualification programme for insulation engineers to become EiiF certified thermal energy auditors, so called TIPCHECK engineers. Requirements for TIPCHECK engineers:
Upon successful completion of the training, every TIPCHECK engineer receives a TIPCHECK Certificate and a Certificate Card showing their personal Certification Number. These documents are valid for a term of three years. After every 3 years, all TIPCHECK engineers are required to follow a refresher course to keep them up-to-date with the evolving technology.
The initial certification course is organised as a one-week training. The contents of the training are:
Fees for TIPCHECK certification:
- TIPCHECK principles and guidelines
- Insulation standards EN ISO 12241 + EN ISO 23993
- VDI 2055 and VDI 4610 (especially in German trainings)
- Insulation material & equipment
- How to execute the appraisal
- How to calculate cost-effective and ecological insulation systems
- How to collect needed data
- How to measure and evaluate existing insulation
- Process technology basics
- Professional behaviour
- Communication: How to present the TIPCHECK
|Certification course + 1 year license ||2.000 EUR|
|Annual license fee (in the following 2 years) ||1.000 EUR/year|
|Refresher course + continued license fee for 3 years||1.000 EUR/year|
TIPCHECK Quality Guidelines:
Certified TIPCHECK engineers offering the registered TIPCHECK thermal energy audit service have to follow the TIPCHECK principles and adhere to the following binding TIPCHECK guidelines:
- TIPCHECKs shall always have their primary focus on improving thermal efficiency to save energy and reduce CO2 emissions.
- TIPCHECK reports should indicate possibilities to reduce the identified energy losses.
- The TIPCHECK engineer should follow the execution process as defined in this TIPCHECK Standard (see 4.1).
- The TIPCHECK engineer, with her/his employer, is entirely responsible for the organisation and pricing of the energy audit.
- Every TIPCHECK engineer using the trade mark TIPCHECK shall always report his full name, certification number and date of expiry.
- The TIPCHECK engineer is obliged to communicate all TIPCHECK activities to EiiF. He is responsible that this is happening in accordance with any confidentiality agreement he may have signed with the client.
- A TIPCHECK report with the calculated energy savings and CO2 reduction potentials shall be delivered to EiiF after finalisation of the thermal energy audit. This report should be anonymous insofar the client requests this.
Download the complete brochure:
Want to become part of the TIPCHECK team? Contact the EiiF office >
or email us directly at tipcheck [at] eiif.org
TIPCHECK - and all of its derivates - is a registered trademark. A TIPCHECK audit may only be carried out by certified TIPCHECK engineers. If you should notice abuse of any kind, please immediately contact the authorities and the EiiF main office attipcheck [at] eiif.org >